Monday, December 31, 2012

Scratch your own Itch


"It's not about how long you live, but rather how well you live it." 
- Tim Ferris


Hey Bizspired Minds! First gotta apologize for not blogging a whole lot lately,  but I've been busy having too much fun with the eggnog if ya know what I mean ;)

Today I stumbled across a really good interview with Tim Ferris, who is known through his books and the business community as "The Most Interesting Man in the World." 




Actually I have read a couple of chapters from Tim Ferris' Book "The 4-Hour Work Week," which I must admit makes me want to drop everything right then and there to go travel the world that very night. (Probably why I haven't even gotten close to finishing it, but I'll have a post about the book when I do read it completely). 

This guy is one of a kind! In this video Tim shares his fundamental processes that allows you to master any skill.

Check it out:



Now the video is around 50min long and is packed full of tons of information, and in it there is bits and pieces of great insight for just about everybody so I broke it down for you guys if you want to skip ahead to topics that interest you more:

Intro/Shooting-the-shit with Tim about his newest book and mastering new skills - 0:00 to 10min or so
Marketing - around the 13:30 mark
On writing - 22 min
Haters - 26 min
Constructive Criticism - 31:15
Broken-Window Theory - 32:10
Appreciating what you have - about 36min in
Defining your goals - 37min
Making choices/Being efficient - 39min
Start up company's and leaders - 41min





1 comment:

  1. Wow this guy really knows his shit. He seems like a really well rounded guy. I thought it was interesting how he mentioned that an education isn't everything. Sometimes I feel like all you really need is the degree, but more so the skills you acquire to get the degree. It's true though that a degree or multiple degrees doesn't show you anything... but I feel like we are supposed to feel like it does. He makes some interesting points for sure.

    ReplyDelete